Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Two Words: Thai Massage

Yesterday, after a long day of lounging in bed and reading, I decided I had earned a massage.  As many of you know, lounging can be quite tedious and I was experiencing some minor neck pains from straining to lift my head every few hours.  I wandered down the hall with Marcelle and we entered into the small, clean massage parlor called Lolita (naturally).  We striped down and put on the comfy linen smock provided to us and settled in for an hour of fucking awesomeness.  As the skilled women carefully hit each pressure point, I drifted into a state of pure bliss.  Definitely worth all 300 baht it cost me, a pretty steep price when you're traveling.  Koh Tao has been a special place, not just for the epic massage.  After the excess of Koh Phangan, it has been so nice to relax on a quiet island.  Hiking to Tanote bay from our bungalow in Sairee beach was awesome, with cheap snorkeling and secluded, pristine beaches.  We spent the afternoon amongst parrot fish, enjoying curries and pad thai.  I have been enjoying Koh Tao enormously, but I realize the intense amounts of foreigners keeps me from fully realizing that I am indeed on the other side of the world, in Thailand.  To remedy this, Marcelle and I are off to Chiang Mai!  More to come!

1 comment: