Friday, January 14, 2011

Day One: Komodo Spotting

Today marked the first official, clean, enjoyable day of our journey.  After finally getting our backpacks at 3am last night, I had the most mind blowing, earth bending shower ever.  This shower was on par with the shower I had after three days at a music festival, camping in a pile of dirt.  Just sayin', it fucking ruled.  Needless to say, moods lifted substantially once we were clean and had our shit.  Spicy red curry and a ride into downtown Bangkok were warmly welcomed.  Getting away from the intense tourist scene of Khao San Road was definitely much appreciated.  Khao San feels like a mix of Epcot and hell, I just can't put my finger on it.  Uniquely amazing, to say the least.  I am looking forward to escaping to the beach and just soaking up the sun for a while.  The Full Moon party taking place on the 19th is an added SCHWING!!  As predicted, we have taken an astounding one photo (of a donut in 7-11 of all things), but I hereby solemnly swear on this here blogitty blog blag, that I shall take some photos of all the things I am seeing.  Oh!  And speaking of things I am seeing, we saw a KOMODO DRAGON today.  At least it was a Komodo as far as Marcelle and I are concerned.  Huge ass lizard, creepy snake-like tongue.  All the markings of a goddamn Komodo.  We sat an observed this giant beast in awe, as it was in a park in the middle of the bustling business district of Bangkok.  I may never know what this behemoth was for sure, but it was a sight to see.  What better note to end on than a Komodo Dragon spotting.  I bow out now, until the next time!

3 comments:

  1. http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/reptiles/komodo-dragon/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Dragon saliva teems with over 50 strains of bacteria, and within 24 hours, the stricken creature usually dies of blood poisoning. Dragons calmly follow an escapee for miles as the bacteria takes effect, using their keen sense of smell to hone in on the corpse."

    stay the fuck away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a mixture of Epcot and hell? intriguing. also, a motherfucking donut? you would. also, full moon party ??!!! lovelove.

    ReplyDelete